Shure PG58-XLR Cardioid Dynamic Microphone with XLR Cable Review
- Tailored frequency response is smooth and extended. Tuned specifically for vocal applications.
- Cardioid polar pattern picks up the most sound from in front of the microphone and some sound from the sides. Less susceptible to feedback in high volume settings.
- Dynamic cartridge has a simple, rugged coil. Handles extreme volume levels without distortion.
- Cartridge includes a neodymium magnet for high output level.
- Internal shock mount for reduced handling noise.
- Durable metal construction.
- On/off switch for onstage control.
- Hardened steel mesh ball grille that resists wear and abuse.
- Integral "pop" filter reduces explosive breath sounds and wind noise.
- Includes 15ft (4.57m) cable, break-resistant mic clip and storage bag.
The PG58 is a solid performer and a durable microphone as you might expect from the Shure company. Not quite the sound clarity you would get from the legendary SM58 but still not bad. We found that it did produce some handling noise and would probably be better suited for use with a mic stand. Pros:
Good sound quality. Very durable. Great microphone for the price. Cons:
Prone to handling noise.
Buy this item now at...
Comment about this item: